Yeah, I realize I'm a bit late posting about the 4th, but it was fun, so I'll share. We didn't take Emily to a big fireworks display because 1) it was way past her bedtime, and 2) she probably wouldn't have liked the noise.
So instead we bought a few simple things to do at home after Brian got done at work. First we tried the black snakes. You light them, and then a trail of black foam looking stuff "grows" out of it. Emily hated it! I don't know if it looked creepy to her, or if the flame at the bottom scared her. So next we tried the snappers. These are the little things in the white wrappers that just make a popping noise when you throw them on the ground. I wasn't sure she'd like them because they're noisy. But she loved them! She actually probably threw most of them herself. And she threw them just hard enough so they'd actually pop. So that was our big 4th of July celebration.
Oh, and did I mention she was "cooking" crackers that day, too?
No comments:
Post a Comment