So I finally made that strawberry-rhubarb sauce. I tried to give it to Emily straight, but she didn't really seem interested. Later I put some on ice cream (my favorite way to eat it), and then she couldn't get enough of it. So that's fine. We'll work her up to eating rhubarb straight.
A week ago I got Emily a pair of white Sunday shoes at a garage sale. They're the mary jane style with a velcro strap. Well, since there are all broken in, Emily can open and close the straps easily. She's been taking off her shoes for months, but now she can even put those shoes on! They're not always on the right feet, but that doesn't take long to fix.
The last couple of days we've spent a bunch of time in the car. On our way home the other night Emily decided to start playing a game with us. She had a blanket on her lap, and she pulled it over her head. Brian and I asked "Where's Emily?" and then she'd pull it down and giggle. I think she could have kept it up for hours! We've played that game at home if Brian or I throw the blanket on her head, but this time she started it. I'm glad she keeps herself amused and is such a good traveler!
Yeah for a good traveler in the backseat. So that means you can make longer road trips- like to Mke! So when will we be seeing you next? (Ok you know you opened yourself up for that!)
ReplyDelete