Thursday, May 7, 2009

Caring Emily

A couple of weeks ago Emily and I were playing in her room. Her curtains were open and the sunlight was warming up the floor. Emily was pretty much playing by herself, so I stretched out on the floor to soak it up. Soon Emily brought over her 2 stuffed animals from her crib so I could hold them while I "slept." A few minutes later she was patting my head. At first I wondered why she was hitting me, but then I realized she was probably trying to run her fingers through my hair like I sometimes do for her when she's upset. She was so sweet.

And this last weekend little Jonathan was here with Jess and Tim K. He's almost 6 months old, and I wasn't sure how she'd do around him. She actually was very nice and gave him toys and stared at him. She only ran away if he started crying, or once when he sneezed on her. She didn't seem to mind if I held him, either. They were pretty cute to watch. I don't think either of them was quite sure what to make of the other one. But this weekend did make me feel better about Emily handling being a big sister.

1 comment:

  1. WE are so excited for you guys. We can''t wait to see you. Emily is so big. And so cute. How did she get so tall. Emily is going to be such a good big sister. I heard you guys know if it's a boy or girl. And heard that you knew that Emily was going to be a girl. You guys are good at keeping secrets. I know I could not have done that. We hope to see this summer. Love you ALL!

    Tim, Jess and Joshua

    ReplyDelete